Sunday, August 15, 2010

First nights sleep at home

Wasn't very fun
The nurse gave me a script for pain meds...but when I went to the chemist he said that I needed to go back to the hospital because they hadn't specified how many milligrams
I called the nurse this morning and she said that they only come in one type
Stupid pharmacist!
So today mum's going to get some for me and if they have a problem they'll call the nurse

This morning when I got up out of bed, my stomach (specifically my port site) felt really tight, like a strain. I hope it's all still in tact
I'm so scared of flipping it or having a slipped band :S
They didn't even get me to do a barium swallow or anything like that

Gahhhhh frustrated!
I barely had any liquids yesterday because I was too scared of stretching the pouch

4 comments:

Amaris said...

I hope this works out for you! I didn't need pain meds for my surgery for very long, but when I needed them -- I needed them!

Slow and steady on the liquids at first! I'm now drinking normally, with no fear. I get full from liquids more quickly than I did before. I had the hardest time getting used to not drinking with meals or immediately after. In fact, I'm better about it, but I'm still not perfect!

Congrats and welcome to the the other side!

VS said...

sorry about the pain med situation...but you need to drink....sip, sip, sip! :) and congrats on being banded!

DiZneDiVa said...

I think I remember my port site being tight and awkward because of the swelling for a little while. hope you feel better soon. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..."

Sandy said...

I hope you get the pain meds. As V said-sip, sip, sip all day. My port site was tight also for about 3 weeks. The stitch it into the stomach muscle which is probably why we feel the tightness.

Post a Comment