Thursday, July 29, 2010

Huge



I have fallen in love with this ABCFamily TV show called "HUGE"
I'm reading the book at the moment and I've become fascinated with the idea of sending reluctant teens to "fat camp"

The show stars Nikki Blonsky who I absolutely adore
When I watched Hairspray I was inspired to come out of my shell and be a bit more like her

She's exactly my height and looks pretty much the same as me in a bathing suit :P

I know it's a teen show but if any of you would like to truly understand what it is like to be a fat teen then this is the show to watch

I think one day I would love to go to the States and volunteer in one of these camps
But I think it might be a bit hypocritical of me to go once I've had the band

Any thoughts?

3 comments:

workinprogress said...

Wow - that sounds really interesting - I'll have to have a look!!

Jen said...

I don't know if it would be hypocritical or not. The band still takes a lot of work as far as diet and exercise goes. But, then again, I had the anti-WLS attitude for so long that I can see where some folks might think it was hypocritical. hrm.

Show looks interesting, might have to see if I can find a download somewhere! (we don't have cable)

alycejo said...

I just think that I might be a bit hypocritical counseling kids in weight loss if they knew I had the band.
But I guess I can just keep that part a secret :P
I'm sure I will still struggle to lose weight as much as they would.

I had to download it too...they don't show it in Australia unfortunately :(

Post a Comment