Friday, July 9, 2010

Reminiscing and hoping I can do it

Hi lovely followers :)
I'm pretty sure most of you have or are getting the band so welcome and good luck!

Last night I found a disc with all the photos I saved from when I was at my lowest weight
When I was in my final year of high school, I joined a program called Sureslim and I lost 30kg...It was so easy but required so much willpower
Thinking back now, I actually have no idea how I managed to stick to it so well. It was small portions and absolutely no snacking!
It seems tough now, but it was a breeze for me back then. Probably because I was in school, had a good routine and I lived off everyones compliments

But then I finished school, I turned 18, I started to drink, I got confident and I lost friends.
At the time, I didn't see myself as "skinny". I still had really horrible body issues and although I seemed confident, I never once felt good enough. I continued to feel fat.

That put me in a really bad place. I fell into a terrible depression. Spent Christmas home alone in bed and didn't really want to leave the house. Then the weight started piling back on, leaving me back at square one with even more weight to lose.

So last night, I was shocked to find that I actually was skinny. My sister even went and put on the outfit I was wearing in one of the photos and I realised that back when I had lost the weight that I was the same size that my sister is now...and I have always been jealous of my sister's body.

It took me gaining 40+kg to realise that Oh crap all that hard work did pay off and I was actually fairly skinny! Wish I had realised that back then!!

So here are a few photos I took a few years back...at my lightest weight
I have never been skinny besides those few months
I still had big thighs...and probably always will. But looking back...I looked 100 times better then than I do now
so I'm hoping that I can get there again and make it last!


Me In Hawaii June 2009 =S


Me in 2006/2007

5 comments:

DiZneDiVa said...

You're gorgeous! You look great! One of the best things about the band is that it will help us keep the weight off once we lose it. All of us in this blog community are experts in all the ways of dieting... But we all hit plateaus, got frustrated, gave up, and gained the weight back and probably a few extra pounds for good measure. Anyway, we have a new lease on life and so will you. Good Luck and enjoy the journey. *Maria*

alycejo said...

aww thanks!
I was so shocked when I saw this pictures
Haven't seen them in a while...I look at them and I don't even see myself :(
Maybe one day It will be like looking in a mirror again!
xo

Kerri said...

You are soooo beautiful!!!

Jen said...

What a hottie! :D
You have a great sense of style.

Yeah, I wish I had realized how well the Rotation Diet had worked for me when I was 18/19. Got down to 163 then and still thought I was fat. Little did I know that over 100 pounds MORE than that in my 30s lay ahead of me. *sigh*

Good for you that you're becoming aware of this now instead of 15 or 20 years down the line! :D :D

alycejo said...

aww thanks guys!!
those pictures have gotten me really excited and hopeful!
I want to be that girl again!

Post a Comment